Often feel less comfortable at home because of the hot temperatures? If your home does not have air conditioner (AC) or a fan, here are natural ways that can be done to make the room cooler, as quoted from Care2.
1. The morning sun is healthy for the body. But during the day, can make the temperature inside your home heating. Prevent hot air into and trapped in the house by closing the windows and doors shut. If your home has a porch, planting some bamboo trees to prevent hot air into the house. In the evening, open the doors and windows wide open to let the cool air inside. Cover again when you go to sleep. So the air in your home will feel much cooler.
2. Bright colors have the effect of emitting light, while the light-absorbing dark palette. Therefore, the use of white or light curtains. This will help reduce the heat in the house.
3. The heat of the room temperature can be caused by objects in your home. Objects that emit heat usually comes from electronic devices. Turn off electrical appliances that are not too important to use, especially during the day. For example, a lamp or radio. Unplug cell phone chargers after use and press the ‘off’ on television, instead of letting the mode ‘stand-by’.
4. Consider the selection of light bulbs. The lighting is rather dim not necessarily emit less heat than light. Like the incandescent lamp, for example, contribute to making the room temperature hotter than fluorescent lamps. In addition to energy-saving fluorescent lights are also durable even though it costs a bit more expensive.
5. Humidity can make the room feel warmer. So make sure your home is free from damp. Do not wash clothes in the daytime, let alone if you leave them on the porch or balcony above. Cloth soaked in the sun will make the space around the house so moist and feels hotter. So, wash your clothes in the morning. Make sure the bathroom floor is no standing water, and adequate ventilation in the kitchen sink, washing clothes and drains.
6. Green plants is an element that is quite effective in reducing the heat in the house, sucking oxygen and emit carbon dioxide. This makes the air in the room so it is fresher. If you do not have a large garden to plant trees, plant in large pots. Put it on a porch, back porch and corners of the house.